Is there anything better than being completely ripped? That feeling of having the chiseled abs, road map back, a chest-full striations and a rippling physique that declares “F*ck yes, I lift” whenever you walk into a room.
We didn’t think so, and if you’re already training hard, this 10 minute read will show you how to get ripped in 3 months.
Let’s face facts. If you’re reading this you’ve probably been bulking for months, you’ve built the muscle and now you want to see it – and you don’t want to wait.
Then you’ve come to the right place.
In this brief guide we’re going to show the ropes on:
- Training – How you should be working out
- Cardio – Making it as painless as possible
- Diet – The do’s and don’ts
- Supplements – What helps and what doesn’t
- Lifestyle – Minor changes for the best results
If you give a sh*t about looking the most aesthetic you’ve ever been in your life, you need to give this article a read…
1. Intermittent Fasting – Eat/Stop/SHREDDED
This type of dieting takes planning, but it is so damn worth it.
Intermittent Fasting is one of the best things you can do for your body to see fast results and get down to that perfect state of shredded.
If you don’t know about Intermittent Fasting, that’s your first problem. Here it is in a nutshell:
Intermittent Fasting is having a time slot in your day when you eat, and fasting for the rest of the day. This means no food (or calories, for that matter – yes, that includes soda) during your fasting period. At all.
Some guys fast for 16 hours and eat in an 8 hour window, with the more extreme fasting for 20 and getting all their calories in 4 hours.
It’s a hard one to get used to, but it can be done. You don’t need to restrict your calories here, just set up your well-balanced cutting diet to be eating within the allocated time-frame. It’s not rocket science – it’s discipline.
Why you need Intermittent Fasting:
Studies have shown that intermittent fasting is great for improving:
- Human Growth Hormone – Supersizing your gains
- Metabolism – Burning more calories
- Cutting Fat – Get ripped as sh*t
- Maintaining Muscle Mass – Leaning out while looking jacked
- Extending Lifespan – Live a healthier life
Stick to this, and you’ll get so much closer to ripped in 3 months.
2. Stop eating so much Protein – Don’t make the Classic Mistake
You know that bro that as soon as he starts dieting cuts out basically all his macros apart from protein?
Yeah, that guy’s an idiot. Not a lot of people know this, but protein shakes in general are typically a waste of money.
We’re not joking, and there’s a lot of studies to back this up. The main thing your body needs is balanced diet – good carbs, healthy fats, and the standard amount of protein.
Here’s why you shouldn’t over do it on the Protonz:
- You only need so much – After your body has it’s fill of Protein, the rest is wasted
- It damages your kidneys – The excess is hard to break down and it puts a strain on your kidneys
- It lowers testosterone – The stress on your kidneys releases the stress hormone cortisol which lowers testosterone
- You’ll slow your progress – Lower Testosterone = Less Gains = Poor Results
There’s quite a lot on this topic, and it’s worth researching. We’ve done an article on it before that’s worth checking out:
3. High Intensity Interval Training – Cardio For Guys who Hate Cardio
I know, we all hate cardio. But there’s a way that you can still get all the fat burning benefits and bust it out in around 10 minutes.
The answer: High Intensity Interval Training.
Don’t get us wrong, this method of training is definitely faster than the long slog of your usual cardio – but it’s definitely not easier, it’s actually closer to hell on earth. However, if you’re looking to get ripped in a short period of time – it’s an absolute must.
This is how you do it:
It’s essentially sprint sets. Go hard for 30 seconds, soft for another 30 – repeat for 10 – 15 minutes. For the best results use bike machine and switch between the highest setting you can push, and the lowest. You will be destroyed – as will your fat.
If you’re finding an excuse not to do HIIT, unfortunately there isn’t one – but if you’re looking for a good time to do it, we suggest putting it at the end of your workout after the hard works already finished.
This is why you need it in your session:
- Burn Fat throughout the day – Long recovery time uses calories for hours after workout
- Boosts Endurance – Increases stamina and promotes overall health
- Promotes Heart Health – Better circulation and a stronger heart
- Faster than normal – Takes up less of your workout than normal cardio
4. Lots of Reps – Serious Definition
One of the key features of being absolutely ripped is paper thin skin over muscles carved from stone – you can see every fiber and tissue, it all looks good, and its seriously attainable.
This is a combination of 2 things – low body fat, and high rep workouts. The first one will come with your cut, the second one you’ll have to put to work yourself.
This applies mainly to your isolation work, change it up to 5 sets of 15 on most of your exercises, or around that area. This will give your muscles more time under tension and recruit more muscle fibers for development, with the end result being a more finished looking muscle.
Do this for a few months, and when you shred down you’ll look bigger and nastier than ever.
5. Work Your Abs – But don’t just do sit-ups
Another classic move when guys are looking to get ripped is to spend all their time doing sit-ups… and hoping.
There’s a lot more to it than that. You need to develop the entirety of your core, and sit-ups alone aren’t going to cover the cost.
What you need is all over development – train your obliques, lower and upper abs for that full, complete six-pack look. As well as continuing to burn off your fat off – those muscles aren’t going to mean sh*t if no-one can see them.
6. Supplement Right – Get the Best Results
Now that we’ve covered the problems with protein shakes, it’s time to concentrate on what you should be using to get ‘next level ripped’: Fat Burners.
Fat burners are natural supplements designed to:
- Stimulate Fat Loss
- Increase Energy
- Suppress Appetite
- Take your cut one step further
But be warned: a lot of the ones on the market are bullshit. We did some serious digging to see which ones worked and which ones didn’t. You can see our results below:
7. Stop the Sugar – You’re not 12 anymore
One of the worse things you can keep having in your diet is sugar. Like it in your coffee in the morning? Forget it. Like hitting up candy bars as a treat? Forget it.
It’s okay if you want to look average – but if you want to be shredded you’ve got to work a sh*t load harder.
Want to know the nutrient profile in sugar? Let me show you:
Nothing. Literally all you’re getting here are calories.
Not only will this slow down your fat burning journey, it can also cause a range of problems when it comes to your body’s balance.
Here’s just some of the issues:
- Sugar’s addictive – Releases dopamine in your brain making your body crave it
- And toxic – Studies have shown sugar negatively affects blood pressure, insulin, cholesterol and more
- Causes long term damage – May lead to Type II Diabetes and Cancer
- Lowers Testosterone – Causes insulin resistance which leads to low-t and less muscle growth
Needless to say, it’s something you definitely don’t want messing with your diet, or progress.
Get Ripped in 3 Months Summary
There you have it. 7 of the best things you can do right now to get shredded in 90 days.
Here’s a quick run down for the guys who skimmed this article:
- Start Intermittent Fasting – Cuts fat quicker, along with a truck load of other benefits
- Cut down on protein – Too many shakes waste money and gains
- For Cardio do High Intensity Interval Training – Takes less time and produces more results
- Higher Rep Range – Targets size and definition
- Full Ab Workouts – Develop all areas, don’t just rely on sit-ups
- Use the right supplements – Some fat burners have shown good results
- Ditch the sugar – Slows progress and linked to various negative side effects
Want more on getting ripped?
We’ve done a lot of work on the best ways to get shredded and how to attain that super six-pack, and one of the more interesting pieces we’ve done is on how MMA Fighters and Bodybuilders stay shredded.
To learn how the big boys do it, click here to get the full scoop.